Monday, April 12, 2010

Pg 148

This is the page that I did from Finnegans Wake. As I was reading it over and over I began to notice a lot of references to bedrooms and sleep. In the first couple lines it states "Tell me till my thrillme comes! I will not break the seal...", this makes me think of someone having a dream until it reaches that one climax moment (thrillme) like when one starts falling and they suddenly wake up from their dream. And she is staying that she "will not break the seal" which, to me, means that she won't wake up and ruin her dream. One line states "ye author, to explique to ones the significat of their exsystems with your nieu nivulon lead..." Ye author, to me, sounds like you author, explique (or explain) the significat (significant) of their exsystems (this makes me think of dreams) with your nieu (new) nivulon lead (maybe livelong lead?) but basically it is the author trying to explain the dreams to the dreamers, or at least that is what I got from it. It also states "river again" which makes me think back to the beginning when it is talking about the "riverrun". It also makes makes a reference to "dark nets" which makes me think of night and being asleep. Then further on it states something about a "white life" which makes me think of light and being awake. There is also the reference to the twinkly stars she has painted on her ceiling, much like I have twinkling stars on my ceiling. It is interesting how there is a little piece of everyone hidden throughout the book.
I feel like I could spend years working on this one page and still not get everything there is to get out of it. It is packed full, just like every other page in the book, with interesting metaphors and references. I feel that I have just begun to scratch the surface of what this page has to offer to its readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment