Sunday, April 4, 2010

Paper Topic...Possibly?

So I have been toying with different ideas that we have discussed in class trying to come up with a topic for my paper. This has led me no where except back to where I began and unlike the Alchemist I did not find what I was looking for and I sit here empty handed. Yet, while I was working on another blog earlier this evening I came across some lines in the Four Quartets that really stuck out to me. They are "What we call the beginning is often the end and to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from. And every phrase and sentence that is right (where every word is at home, .....) Every phrase and every sentence is a end and a beginning, every poem an epitaph." I think that I would like to base my paper around this idea of our beginning being our end and that we must start from where we ended. I was thinking that I could relate this idea to that of the theme of Dolce Domum and the book the Alchemist (for all his ends lead to all his beginnings). I am not really sure if this idea will work or if I will stick with it, but for now I think it sounds like a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment